Sunday, July 05, 2009

I love quiet days

Unfortuantely, they tend to equal quiet blogs, too!

I have been getting lots of finger exercise lately due to a plethora of transcription work. This is a very good thing, even though it cuts down on my knitting/spinning/blogging time.

Most of the knitting time has been spent on designing a couple of things that I can't go into a lot of detail about right now. I will say that at (or maybe slightly before) Sock Summit, there will be two new sock patterns available. One of them pretty much kicked my butt by being dificult (I swear I redid portions of it at least six times), but it has been whipped into submission and will be off to a test knitter this week (she said with her fingers crossed). The other came together very quickly and one sample sock is already at the gusset section just since yesterday.

See why I love quiet days? I can get a lot done!

Serendipitous Gull Wing sideI've also knit a new sample of the Gull Wing sock, using lovely Chance Sock yarn from Serendipitous Ewe in the Peony colorway. I'm making a customized version of the pattern for Angela to sell in her online shop. I have to say she picked a lovely color and the yarn is very nice to work with.

I met Angela and hubby John on the Sea Socks cruise to Alaska last year. They're coming to Portland for Sock Summit and it will be lovely to see them both again. And now that she's buying patterns from me, I can rest easy with my decision to claim the Sea Socks cruise last year as a business training expense. I learned stuff and I got business from a friend I made there. Perfect!

I hope you had a lovely weekend and, if you're in the U.S. or an expat, a great 4th of July. Mine was, as I said, quiet. The neighborhood had some explosions, but not nearly as much as in years past, which was good. I spent most of the weekend knitting and working on design details while watching my boxed set of Band of Brothers. I think all the explosions from the TV made the cat a lot less skittish when explosions began occurring in the neighborhood. Perfect. :)

Oh, no progress on the tattoo front except that I checked with a couple of local shops about possibilities. One didn't have any who could design custom ambigrams. There are two places I want to visit in person and discuss designs with the artists, then I'll decide where to get it done. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

shelly said...

Very cool sock!