Friday, July 10, 2009

Sailing and Sliding Away!

Didn't summer just start? It sure seems like it. And yet the stores are already selling fall-themed items. Joann's has Halloween stuff out already! I know time flies, but come on.

Maybe it just seems like it's going fast because I have so much going on.

So here it is Friday already. The week has flown by because it's been busy and I worked an extra day in the shop to fill in for a vacationing co-worker. She's covering for me during Sock Summit, so it's all good.

Speaking of Sock Summit, here's a little sneak peek at a couple of new things you'll be able to get in the market there,



Yeah, I know it's not much, but it's all I want to show you right now. :)

On the left is a piece of a sock called Come Sail Away, and on the right is another sock called Slip 'n' Slide. Both are knit in yarn from Serendipitous Ewe and the patterns will make their debut at Sock Summit in her booth.

The Come Sail Away sock is knit in her Chance Sock yarn , a merino/nylon blend, in the color Water Lilies.
The Slip 'n' Slide sock is knit in her Lucky Sock yarn, a very lovely merino/bamboo/nylon blend, in the color White Birch.

Most of her colors are available in both these base yarn blends as well as some other choices. If you can't make it to Sock Summit, you can get her yarns online and, once Summit is over, you'll also find my patterns there.

Anyway, now you can see how I've been spending some of my time. The patterns are in the writing stage now and will be off to be test knit soon. I think I'll just make it for the Summit. Whew!

As for the rest of the weekend, I'm finishing up a transcript tonight, then packing up some things. Tomorrow I work in the shop all day and after I close, I'll head across town to a different shop, Abundant Yarn and Dyeworks, where they're hosting an all-night event. Yep, I'm gonna spend the night in a yarn shop with a bunch of other fiber fanatics.

You did know about my addiction, didn't you?

If I survive the night of knitting, spinning, games, old movies, and general tom-fool hilarity, I'll tell you about it next week. Or at least I'll tell you an abridged version. After all, most of what happens at any knit night stays at knit night -- and that's especially true of an all-nighter!

Whatever your plans are, be safe and have a great time, 'cause life's too short not to have fun!

No comments: