Friday, September 26, 2008

One UFO, one update, and I'm OFFF!

Okay, you've been patient with me, so here comes some actual fiber content and pictures, too!

First up is a UFO that starts small. . .
strawberry mesh bag1

. . .opens bigger. . .
strawberry mesh bag2

. . .and grows even bigger to carry your stuff.
strawberry mesh bag3

Isn't it cute? If you're like me, you try and keep some of those reusable grocery bags in the car. But they don't look pretty and they don't tend to fold up in a very compact fashion. This little bag, when not in use, folds into itself and looks like a little strawberry or tomato or pumpkin (if you made it in orange instead of red) or whatever you like. When you get to the market, just untie the drawstring and viola! You've got a mesh shopping bag that stretches like crazy to hold your stuff.

Details:

Bag in Bag from Baerbel Born (found via Ravelry)

Crochet hook size F (3.75mm)

Cascade Cotton Rich DK (135 yards/123 meters per 50gram skein) - 1 skein red, 2 skeins green

The closing can be a crocheted chain or, in my case, some 1/4" ribbon I had on hand (1/2" ribbon would work, too).

This may become a project-specific class that I teach at All About Yarn. Stay tuned!

There's another one that I did, too, from yet another pattern I found on Ravelry. But it's at the shop and I'm not, so I don't have a picture for you. I'll try to do that next week. :)

Hanami Update!

hanami4It's been a while since I did much on the Hanami stole. That's mostly because it's not a project that is very portable (due to the need to follow the chart), and I've been on the go a lot lately. But I have made progress. I'm almost finished with the seventh repeat of the basket weave chart, which is the last repeat of that one. Yeah!

I really, really love the way it looks in this yarn, the Dream In Color Baby in Petal Showers. I think I'm going to be very satisfied with this when it's finally done.

And I'm OFFF!

That's all I've got for you now. Tomorrow morning, at a gawdawful hour, well before the sun rises (officially at 7:06 a.m.), I'll be heading to Canby for the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival. It's the show of shows for me every year and I'm psyched. I have to be there very early because I'm bringing the EZup for the Portland Knit Bloggers booth. If you're coming to the show, look for us on the main lawn. We'll be hanging out all weekend knitting, spinning, crocheting, demonstrating, drooling over things other folks buy, and who knows what all.

Oh, and if you are at the show, buy some yarn, and want to sit down and cast on immediately, come on over! We'll have a swift and a ball winder you can use (donations gladly accepted). We love to enable others! :)

2 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

See you tomorrow!

Does this mean that I have to bring needles in a bazillion sizes, just in case? Naaah, I'll just show some discipline...after the purchase. ;-)

Unknown said...

I really need new glasses. I thought you were bringing Elizabeth Zimmerman (EZup). That was a double-take. LOL. See you there!