Friday, March 20, 2009

Springtime color

One of the nice things about working at home is that when you take a break, you can do things like knit and spin and no one cares. So, in between trancribing this week, I've been spinning and here's the result so far.
Each bobbin contains 4 ounces of luscious Stitchjones BLF roving spun into singles. The two blue ones are Delft and yes, they're really that blue. The middle one is called Bollywood and only part of the colors show in the picture. There are seven colors in the roving and they're all bright and gorgeous. The plan is to make a 3-ply, roughly worsted weight yarn from these lovelies. Gotta let them rest a day first.
Stay tuned for results!
On Wednesday night, Susan brought her Phat Fiber box and let us all fondle the contents. She was also gracious enough to let us pick things that we wanted from the box. I opted for these super-cute hang tags. I think they're perfect for labeling handspun yarns. They're from an Etsy shop called Ballee and I was going to buy some more, but then I saw that she's all the way across the pond in The Netherlands and the price for these cuties is about $2 each, plus shipping. Yeah, they're cute, but I'm not sure I can afford that price point. I think if I decide to sell some of my handspun, I'll make a trip to the scrapbook section of Joann's and create some cute tags of my own.
That's about it from here right now. I'm still knitting on the second Trekking XXL sock. I'm past the gusset now, so it shouldn't be too much longer -- except that I keep getting distracted by things like work and spinning.
Oh, and happy first day of spring!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Boy, did that roving spin up nicely! Can't wait to see how the singles look when plied together.

Bobbie Wallace said...

I can't wait to see the plied worsted! It's gonna be great. Now, whatcha gonna make with it?