Friday, February 06, 2009

A bit of spinning

8 oz Spinners Hill Corriedale-Finn Ramboullet - Fall colors


I'm ashamed to say that my spinning wheel sat alone and forlorn since early January until this week. Too many knitting projects and work got in the way. And I know how I am -- once I start spinning, it's hard to stop.

But I brought it out on Wednesday morning and picked up where I had left off. This morning, I finished the singles you see here. That's 8 ounces of Spinners Hill Corriedale-Finn Ramboullet cross roving in Fall Colors. I purchased this fiber in December from The Dizzy Sheep not really knowing what to expect. I'm happy to report that I'm quite happy with the results so far.

The fiber spun up beautifully and while it's not super soft, it isn't super scratchy, either. I think once it's plied and given a nice soak it will bloom nicely and be lovely. While I'd love to ply it immediately, I want to give the singles a litte rest first.

I have another 8 ounces of this fiber in a mixture of greens/golds, but I may detour to something else before spinning it. We'll see!

1 comment:

PNWBookGirl said...

Very pretty!

What will it become?