Friday, December 05, 2008

Just a taste

At knit night on Wednesday, I purchased a skein of worsted weight wool from Sharon of Stitchjones in her Andes Mint colorway. I love this colorway and could not resist working with it in this weight. So, last night when I took a break from transcribing this three-hour medical conference (ugh -- and it's still a work in progress), I started fiddling around and came up with this:

I started with a crocheted half-circle motif, then picked up stitches and began knitting. The plan is to go for as long as I can, then do another crocheted motif and attach it while binding off the other end. The only thing I'm not sure of is how long I can make this with just one skein of yarn. We'll see!

What do you think so far?

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I may be just a tad wee bit biased, ;) but I love it! Can't wait to see it IRL.

I have more of that colorway, if you need.