Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Spirogyra

Spirogyra1Finished!

Spyrogyra by Lynne Vogel, published in Knittyspin, knit in Blue Moon Socks that Rock medium weight, a rare gems colorway.

These work up very quickly. I did most of one in an evening and did the entire second one yesterday. It's a lovely pattern and I will definitely knit it again.

There is no thumb gusset on these mitts, but they fit as though one was there. The pattern consists of all left- or right-leaning decreases (they're done as a mirror image of each other) and so it has a natural bias to it. You use two different sized needles to give a bit of shaping at the wrist. It just works together beautifully.

And despite the lace pattern, these are quite warm to wear. I love, love, love them!

Next up? A pair of Driver gloves from my new copy of Robin Melanson's book Knitting New Mittens & Gloves. I've already started them and I think they're going to work up very quickly. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Little Ol' Liz said...

Simply marvelous, Cindy. But the hand model is a little creepy!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Funny, Melissa just made a pair of those, too! Between seeing hers in person and yours here on the blog, I really want to make a pair now...those are gorgeous!

Sharon said...

Those are so nice! I may have to break into my inventory and make a pair. ;)