Monday, November 03, 2008

Help make history


Tomorrow is election day here in the United States. Help make history -- exercise your right to vote! Otherwise, don't complain about how elected officials are running your town, your county, your state, or the country. (Of course, I know y'all are registered voters 'cause you're all very smart, responsible citizens, right?)

The above image was created by Jennifer Simpson of Kansas City and is a submission in the AIGA's Get out the Vote 2008 design contest. It sums up my thoughts on voting perfectly, so I wanted to share it with you. There are lots of other great entries, too, and you can see them, and even video of them on display during the conventions in Denver and Minneapolis, at the link above.

UPDATED TO ADD. . .

Want some free coffee? On election day (that's tomorrow, November 4th), go into any Starbucks and tell them you voted. You'll get a tall cup of brewed coffee for free. That way, you can stay awake to watch all the results come in.

1 comment:

msubulldog said...

I know this is a totally late and pointless comment, but I had to let you know that when I read your post in my Google Reader, there was a Google ad at the bottom from Gordon Smith. Ha,ha,ha,ha. Just thought it was funny to come at the end of your "Vote" post considering I know he's probably not your kinda candidate. :)
--Amanda