I'm still not in a position to give you much, so here's the Blogger's Digest Abridged Version for now.
- Still have suitcases out from the cruise. Yes, it's been several weeks. Good thing my cat doesn't complain.
- Picked up the new Prius on Friday. Still learning what all the computer stuff is. This car definitely brings out my inner geek. The Cruiser is in the garage, along with the sectional sofa I haven't managed to get sold yet. Prius is in the driveway for now, poor thing. No pics yet, sorry.
- Finished the STR Mediumweight Calico socks today. They rock!
- Almost finished with a chart for a little nothing scarf sample for the shop using some scrumptious 70% cashmere/30% silk yarn we got in (328 yards of soft fluff for ~$25). Once I get the pattern charted, I need to knit like the wind to try and have it done by the 19th for the Tigard Knitting Guild meeting. EEK!
- Instead of pressing on with that, got sidetracked by an idea for another pair of socks. Cast on with US0 needles and started knitting with some Trekking XXL from my stash to see how it works out. So far, I'm liking it. Must. Show. More. Discipline!
- Still buried under two hours plus of tape to transcribe plus a rush editing project that's coming in tomorrow. If only the mortgage paid itself!
- Worked the first of several grad night parties on Sunday. Will be working late nights the rest of the week. I see sleep deprivation in my future! (Grad parties typically go from 11:15 p.m. to 3:15 a.m. and involve lots of coffee drinking on my part.)
- The Summer Sizzle Sale started its first week on Monday at the shop. Every week for the 13 weeks of summer there's something on sale. It could be a selection of yarn brands, or it could be something fun, such as anyone whose name begins with the letter C is given a discount on the total amount purchased. (All sales final. No returns, no special orders.) The only way to find out what's on sale is to come into the shop. We are sworn to total secrecy and can't even tell you on the phone what the sale specifics are. Suffice it to say that I bought a sweater's worth of yarn when I worked last night. ACK! Someone point me to a 12-step program, please!
That's pretty much it for now, I guess.
Oh, the house is a disaster area. Cleaning is absoluely the last thing on my priority list! Again, it's a good thing the cat doesn't complain. :)
Pictures and cruise reports are still coming -- I promise!
P.S. In the shameless pandering department, Simply Socks is celebrating their third anniversary and having a contest, too. To enter, all you have to do is send an email telling them what your favorite sock yarn is. Yeah, I know it's next to impossible to pick just one, but go visit them anyway. Oh, and don't forget to check our their sale page. :)