Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Where does the time go?


I refuse to believe it's already September! ARGH!!! My fall bowling league starts tomorrow and I'm the Secretary/Treasurer. Oh, bother! Now I can't even work on my knitting between frames. LOL

Let's see, what little bits have I managed to work on lately? Well, first of all, I got sidetracked with the mini Christmas sock project. So far, I've made eight . . . uh, seven of the little guys. I did have eight, but a friend saw the red and white ones and just had to have one! I first made the red and white ones with some fun fur for the cuff and sport weight red acryllic for the rest. The fun fur was way too long, so I trimmed it. Cute, but. . . Then I discovered an unused ball of Sugar & Cream from last season in verigated Christmas colors and a love affair began! I do two garter stitch ridges for the top instead of turning a cuff. I think they're totally cute. :)

I've been making some progress on the Old Shale shawl. It's coming along nicely, but I don't have time to sit and work on it as often as I'd like. It takes about 30 to 40 minutes to do a four-row pattern repeat. I figure that's pretty good time considering the pattern. Unfortunately, at the pace I'm going, I'll have it finished some time in 2010! Repeating to self, "It's the journey, not the destination!"


Okay, I want to add more updates, but Blogger has decided that I can't add more pictures to this post. So, I'll do this in two parts! We have ways of making things work!

No comments: