Monday, May 08, 2006

Prayer Shawl #2 complete

The prayer shawl group I belong to meets tonight. So, just in time, I finished putting the last bit of fringe on a new shawl. This one is done in Homespun Tudor and has a really nice rainbow stripe effect. Next up is one in Brickyard Red. I'm trying to get one done each month, but it's turning out to be about one every other month instead with other projects, work, and just life in general getting in the way!

The group hasn't been going for very long. We're trying to get seven shawls completed before we start asking folks at church to let us know of people who might be comforted by them. I'm the only one in the group who is working on a loom, but I'm trying to convert the others. They've been pretty impressed with how easy the loom is to use and how quickly it goes with no dropped stitches and no confusion on when to knit and when to purl.

No comments: