Monday, May 25, 2009

Basking in the sunshine

The weather lately has been perfect. High 70sF followed by cool evenings. If it stayed like this all summer, I'd be very, very happy. Yeah, I'm a weather wuss and I know it won't last like this, but a girl can dream.

The finished shawl really enjoyed the sunshine.
blocked1


And yesterday after I typed for a while, I took the spinning wheel out to the back deck and listened to a book on my iPod while spinning some of the myriad of fiber that's taking over my house. I hope to do some more today when I get home from teaching my class at the shop (we're open until 5:00 today instead of 8:00 due to the holiday).


Tomorrow morning, registration for Sock Summit opens at 10:00 a.m. PT! That's also the time I have to open the shop. Hope no one needs help first thing since I'll be on the computer hoping to get registered for the things I want to attend. Actually, I pretty much want to camp out there all weekend, but that doesn't necessarily involve taking classes. :)


If you're in the U.S., hope you're enjoying a long Memorial Day weekend. Remember it's not just about picnics and a three-day weekend. Take time to thank a soldier.

2 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

I love the shawl; the geometric lines are great!

PNWBookGirl said...

It really is gorgeous! I like the design in that it gives good arm coverage and doesn't point to all things south. ;-) The beads are also a really great finishing touch.