Thursday, October 16, 2008

Woops!

Things have been a bit busy around here and I have been remiss about blogging. My bad!

I'm afraid I don't have a lot to show today, though, because I'm still working on the Malabrigo vest and the individual pieces aren't all that compelling to photograph. I've got three of the four sections completed -- well, actually three and a half, but who's counting. I may finish it this weekend.

Acrobatic scarfIn the meantime, I whipped up a little crocheted scarf for a shop sample. It's in Malabrigo Silky Merino. I didn't get a chance to block it or take a decent picture yet, but here's a peek.

The stitch pattern is from a Harmony Guide stitch dictionary and is called Acrobat stitch, thus the scarf is the Acrobatic Scarf. Two skeins (300 yards) of the Silky Merino yielded a scarf that's about 6" x 52".

I could have gone longer, but I was thinking of adding a more elaborate edging, so I wanted to save yarn. Then I did a single crochet edge all around and liked the simplicity of that, so I stopped there. I probably could have gotten to about 60" without running out of yarn. As I said, it's not blocked yet, so it will get a little wider and longer in that process.

I'm not sure how the pattern will be offered yet. It may be a gift with purchase thing at the shop, or it might be just free in general. I'll figure that out next week and if it's free in general, then I'll post a link to it for you here. Should have a better picture by then, too. :)

Tomorrow, I'm off to the beach with six friends for the weekend. It's one of our "Wild Woman Weekends." A varying group of us have been doing these getaways for . . . wow, something like 12 years now. Three of us are from the "original" group. Others have come and gone as life and locations change. We rent a house and watch movies, talk, eat goodies, and drink wine for the weekend. It's a rejuvenating time and I haven't been to one in WAY too long. I'm taking knitting, of course, and my spinning wheel and I can't begin to tell you how much I'm looking forward to it. I'll try to be a good blogger and take some pictures, too. :)

dogwood berries 10-08Meanwhile, I'll leave you with this little slice of fall in my yard. This is one of two dogwood trees displaying the pretty seed pods or berries or whatever you want to call them. Both trees are pretty full of these right now. Very pretty, but a bit messy on the ground. Oh well!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Melissa Barton said...

I really like that crochet stitch!