Thursday, April 24, 2008

It's my travelin' sock, you don't know what I got!

A quick post with more to come later.

On Tuesday, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, The Yarn Harlot, was in town for a book signing event. Of course the PDX Knitting Bloggers attended en force and I'll have more pictures and narrative later, but I wanted to get this video posted of Duffy singing her special version of "Little Deuce Coupe" to Stephanie. It rocked the house! (Sorry for the sideways view. I took this on my camera and don't have any video editing software to turn it right-side up!) Enjoy and I'll be back later with more!





Lyrics:
It's a travelin' sock. You don' know what I got.
You'll see me walkin' down any ole street
With my open toe Birkies strapped to my fancy feet
Fingers are a'flyin' on my dpn's
I'll end up with a sock when I get to the end.

It's my travelin' sock. You don' know what I got.

It's knitted real fine out of STR
The colorway matches with the sweaters I wear
I did the heel flap gusset and a springy cast on
And all my friends say that they are the bomb

It's my travelin' sock. You don't know what I got.

It's been to Nashville, Charlotte, and Atlanta Gee Aay
I always have it with me wherever I stay.
And if that ain't enough for you to flip your lid,
I get people posin' with it for my weblog, Daddy.

And when I lay down in my bed at night,
I think of all those stitches all neat and tight.
I think of all the joy it gives while I'm having fun,
And fancy new socks I'll have when I am done.

It's my travelin' sock. You don't know what I got.
It's my travelin' sock. You don't know what I got.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Thanks for posting the video of Duffy's song! Some folks on Ravelry who were there the other night are wondering if anyone had captured the moment. Is it ok if I direct them to your blog?