Friday, September 14, 2007

Time to retreat!

As in a Knitting Retreat! Tomorrow starts a weekend that promises to be full of relaxation, learning, fellowship, and knitting. It's the Tigard Knitting Guild's Fall Retreat and this year it's all about lace. Myrna Stahman is in town and will be providing us with tons of information and new ideas.

The retreat kicks off tomorrow afternoon with a three-hour session titled "Adventures in Lace Knitting: Is this fiber appropriate for lace knitting?" Then on Saturday we will spend the entire, glorious day exploring the world of circular lace knitting.

I don't have a copy of Myrna's book yet, but it's been on my list of wants for a while. Maybe she'll have some copies for sale (she wrote hopefully).

I've managed to get all my editing work completed so that I don't have to worry about it for the weekend. Yeah! I've finished packing a bag with lots of different yarns and needles for the classes. Now I just need to. . .

  • Pack some clothing (this is a sleep-over retreat)
  • Remember to pack towels (it's at a retreat house that doesn't provide those)
  • Gas up the car
  • Go to the bank
  • Go to the car dealership to get a part installed (it's covered under my extended warranty - yeah!)
  • Go to the LYS to get a couple of DPN sets in sizes I need for the class and don't have
  • Head to the retreat!

Whew! Hope I don't fall asleep in the first session! Oh, and I have my camera ready to go so I should have pictures to post when next we chat.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

How exciting! Have a wonderful time. I look forward to the stories and pics. Thank you for the kind words on my blog the other day.