Sunday, July 22, 2007

S.E.X. on a Sunday

Did that title make you go, "Huh?" Well, fear not, I'm only talking about yarn pQrn here, not the other kind!

Not a lot of knitting going on here lately, but my fingers are sore anyway from all the typing I've been doing. Work is keeping me way too busy lately.

Then yesterday I spent the day in Redmond (the Oregon one) dealing cards for a bunch of RV enthusiasts who had gathered there for a really big rally. Really big. We're talking some 9,000 RV enthusiasts and I don't know how many vendors. There were all sizes of RVs, including a couple that are worth more than $1 million. Yikes! It was a long day. Three-hour drive each direction and six hours of dealing cards standing on a blacktop floor inside a sheep barn at the fairgrounds. Now that is a glamour job, eh? LOL

There's more typing going on today, but I had to take a break and run downtown to Lint for a bit of a Stash Enhancement eXpedition (the aforementioned S.E.X.). The shop is going out of business and everything is 30% off. The sale started on Friday, but there was no way I could fit in the trip until today. Lots of good stuff was gone, but I think I did okay anyway.

Let's see, here are descriptions of my purchases, starting in front:

Koigu Painter's Pallette
3 skeins in a blend of pale greens, blues, purples, pinks

Panda Wool from Crystal Palace Yarns - 46% bamboo, 43% wool, 11% nylon
3 skeins each in Lacquer Red and Ultramarine

Lanna Grossa Cotton Fantasy - 45% cotton, 42% wool, 13% polyamide
1 skein in color 809 (red/burgundy/orange/yellow/white)

Lanna Grossa Multieffekt - 80% Virgin Wool, 20% polyamide
1 skein in color 3070 (blue/red/purple/green/black/white)

A copy of Nicky Epsteins Knitted Embellishments, which has all manner of fun things inside to spark my creativity in using lefover bits of sock yarn as well as other endeavors.

And last but certainly not least, another Lantern Moon Silk Taffeta bag in a pretty green. I have four of these now and I love them all! I even got one for my Sockapalooza pal's gift box, which will be heading out the door in just over a week.

Okay, that's all for now. Back to work for me!

3 comments:

Bobbie Wallace said...

ANOTHER Lantern Moon bag? You are such a Latern Moon addict! I am, however, jealous of the sock yarn. Because sock yarns don't count as stash. ;)

Cindy, aka Maxfun said...

Hello. My name is Cindy and I'm a Lantern Moon addict! Yep, that's me! :)

Angelika said...

Nice catch you made there with the yarn. Those colors are just down my alley too. Have fun with them.