Sunday, July 15, 2007

Eyelet Chevron Socks!


Yeah! Another test knit project is published. I finished these Eyelet Chevron Socks in early April, but they're just now appearing on Knit Picks' Web site, so I couldn't talk about them until now.

This was actually the first pair of socks I made that were on small needles. Before that, I had made slipper socks on US10 needles, so I understood how things were constructed. The folks at Knit Picks took a leap of faith in trusting me to knit these and I'm glad they did. Of course, they're huge enablers, because now I can't stop making socks!

In looking at the specs for them now, I see I did them on US3 needles, which seem very large to me now, since I routinely use US2 needles for most yarns and occasionally US1 needles for some (like Lorna's Laces). US3s just sound too big for regular socks now. My how times change, eh?

Anyway, the Knit Picks Gloss yarn was wonderful to work with and made a very soft pair of socks with just a bit of shine to them. The 70% merino/30% silk mix is a nice combo. Great price, too. You can make this pair of socks for $7.98 +shipping. Not bad! Pool orders with some friends until you get over $45 and you don't even have to pay shipping.

Anyway, I just had to post it here, because I'm still at the stage where I get a real rush from seeing something I knit being used on a professional site. Yeah, I'm somewhat easily amused! :)

No comments: