Thursday, March 22, 2007

Blogiversary, redecorating, and a contest!

It's amazing to me that it's been almost a year since my first blog post. March 27 will be the official, one-year anniversary of this blog. Wow. Who knew I'd actually keep this going, posting mostly about knitting, for a whole year?? Certainly not me!

When I started the blog, it was about loom knitting -- the only knitting I knew at the time. Thanks to the wonderful workmanship on the looms I purchased from Sam and Isela at Decor Accents and all the help from Isela and other loomy folks on the Internet, I got pretty creative with the looms.

But I wanted more. I wanted lace and lots of it.

So in September, I went to the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival and bought a DVD from Nenah Galati to learn how to knit Continental style. The rest is history. Now I pretty much have a knitting project with me wherever I go and if I could, I'd sit and knit all day, every day!

Of course, no blog is worth anything without readers. And since anniversaries are a time for sharing the joy of an event, it just seems logical to have a contest with a nice prize. Let's start with the prize, 'cause life's too short not to eat dessert first!

So here it is. Two skeins of Debbie Bliss Merino DK in a rich, deep purple (color #608), 100% wool. Each skein is 50 grams, 110 meters (about 122 yards). Would make a lovely pair of Fetching Mitts or something similar.

But that's not all! The winner will also receive a skein of Trekking XXL in color number 78, Shades of Purple. One 100gram ball is 420 meters (459 yards) of 75% new wool, 25% nylon yarn. Plenty to make a pair of socks or perhaps a nice shoulder shawl.

The colors work very well together, so this would make a lovely set of socks and mitts to give as a gift or keep for yourself. :)

So, I bet you're wondering how to win, right? Well, it's deceptively simple. Just leave a comment to this post or any other post between now and Monday, March 26 at 5:00 p.m. PDT. Everyone who leaves a comment will receive an entry into a random drawing for the prize.

But wait! You can increase your chances! More about that tomorrow!

Oh, yeah, I decided to change the look of the blog, too, just for grins and giggles. After all, even a blog needs a little spring cleaning, don't you think?

14 comments:

Monika said...

Wow, that will be a lucky winner! I love Trekking XXL, can never get enough of it. And yes, spring cleaning is good, but I was still confused at first, had to scroll down to see where I was! ;o) I definately read too many blogs and spend too much time on the internet. My anniversary is coming up at the beginning of April!

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog from the LaceKnitters KAL. Loving all your great stuff. :) Lovely idea to have a contest too!

Little Ol' Liz said...

Yea! Happy One Year Blogiversary. Like you, I began knitting on looms and have ventured on to the needles.
I like your little knitting sheep. Very cute.

Anonymous said...

Alright--everyone off the yarn, that one just screams mine name--you see is purple and me and purple are best friends, hehehehe.

Congratulations on your 1 year blogiversary! It has been fun reading your blog during the past year :)

Anonymous said...

Isela is so sweet, isn't she.
Congrats on your blogiversary.

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary!

The purple yarns? Awesome!

Cindy, aka Maxfun said...

PSSST!!! If you don't have a blog, please either post your email address or send it to me at maxfun AT comcast DOT net. That way, if you win the blogiversary prize, I will be able to contact you. :)

SueS said...

Shades of Purple Trekking! Wow!!!
Happy Blogiversary!! Are you sure you are correct since your clock and calendar seem to not be co-operating thanks to Microsoft and the early DST. ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary. I found your blog through laceknitters KAL.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy: I found your blog from DeStash - and just sent you an e-mail :)

Love your contest idea - thanks for the chance to enter!
Janet

Jani22.blog-city.com

ikkinlala said...

Congratulations on your blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog by following a comment on WendyKnits. Great Blog! I hope I win!!!

Susan said...

Happy Blogiversery! Knit For Joy!

Anonymous said...

Love the new look of the blog. Keep up the good work! Heather hakmommy@hotmail.com