Ever feel like you're talking to yourself? What's that? Speak up, I can't hear you!
Now I know that there are at least a few of you out there in cyberspace checking me out because the hit counter on this page keeps increasing. But it seems you're a mostly shy bunch, given that there are only a couple of you who ever leave comments (not including the occasional spammer who sneaks in to deposit droppings here and there).
With all the pontificating that goes on here, not to mention the braggadocio when I actually complete a knitting project now and then, I find it hard to believe more people don't have some sort of commentary to add.
Heck, in my experience it's usually hard to get people to shut up! LOL
So since I don't have any knitterly things to add right now, I'll just ask a question of you, oh patient readers.
What are some of the knitting blogs you visit regularly? Come on, share! What is it about those sites that makes you keep going back?
I have a fairly long list of blogs that I track. I used to visit them manually on a daily basis looking for updates, but since Isela alerted me to the problems my blog feed had in Bloglines, I've been using that. Much more efficient! (BTW, did you know you can subscribe to my blog on Bloglines just by clicking the button at the top of the right-hand column?)
But I digress. Here are a few of the blogs I read regularly and why:
- The Yarn Harlot - Isn't this one on everyone's list? Stephanie's writing is a delight to read and offers a great mix of wit and wisdom.
- The Purling Sprite - Home of Isela, queen of the knitting loom - and a darned good needle knitter, too. This is where I started and I'll always feel an affinity with Isela and her wonderful family.
- Stitch Marker - Larissa has a book in the works about knit-alongs and I've participated in a couple of the ones she'll use as part of that. She's right here in Portland, Oregon, which makes me smile. :)
- Persistent Illusion - Judy is another Portland gal who I discovered while searching for names and locations of LYSs in town (she has a great list on her blog). I like reading of her knitting adventures.
- Scout's Swag - If you want some hand-painted yarn in a set of colors that are special to you, here's the lady to contact. Beautiful stuff is what she makes, I tell ya! And the pics of New Mexico skyline are wonderful, too.
- KnitSpot- Anne designs great patterns and shares the progress with us as she does.
These are just some of the ones I track. It's hard to narrow down the list because there are so many talented knitters sharing their trials, tribulations and success stories with all of us.
So now it's your turn. What blogs do you read and why?
Oh, and my very first blogiversary is coming up next month, so if you start commenting now, it would get you in the habit for when I run some sort of celebratory contest! :)